The following rules and regulations are part of the Little Italy Festival Town, Inc., concession application. The festival is held in Clinton, Indiana, every Labor Day Weekend (Friday-Monday) Strict adherence to these rules will be required. Violation of these rules will result in forfeiture of seniority rights and violators will not be allowed to participate in the festival.
1. Your $50.00 set up fee must be submitted by May 15th. This fee is for your entry into the festival and participation in the blanket insurance covering the festival operations. Check payable to LIFT, Inc. guarantees your spot.
2. Vendors Liability insurance: each concession must carry comprehensive general liability including products liability insurance in the amount of $300,000 during the festival and submit a certificate of insurance coverage with their application. LIFT does NOT supply vendor insurance.
3. Flat rate fees must be submitted prior to festival by deadline date. Proof of food handler’s certificate must be supplied.
4. Hours of operation are Friday 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.; Monday 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m… Vehicles may come on the grounds each morning to make deliveries, but MUST BE CLEAR OF THE GROUNDS BY 10:30 a.m.
5. CONSTRUCTION AND SET UP TIME: CONSTRUCTION AND SET UP OF BOOTHS ON THE GROUND MAY NOT BEGIN UNTIL 5:00 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY PRIOR TO OPENING ON FRIDAY. ALL TRAILERS MUST BE HERE AND BE READY TO BE SPOTTED AT 1 P.M. THURSDAY OR THEY WILL FORFEIT THEIR SPOT. ALL WORK MUST BE COMPLETED BY 2:00 P.M. FRIDAY WITH TOOLS AND VEHICLES CLEAR OF THE AREA.
6. LEAVING THE FESTIVAL OR CLOSING YOUR CONCESSION PRIOR TO THE NORMAL MONDAY EVENING WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC FORFEITING RIGHTS IN THE FUTURE FESTIVALS.
7. ALL CONCESSIONS: ALL ITALIAN ITEMS SOLD MUST HAVE THE ITALIAN NAME AS WELL AS THE AMERICAN NAME. ONLY ITEMS LISTED ON YOUR APPLICATION AND APPROVED CAN BE LISTED ON YOUR SIGN.
8. VIOLATORS OF RULE 7 WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM FESTIVAL OPERATIONS UNTIL THE VIOLATION IS CORRECTED.
9. IN ORDER TO PRESERVE THE OLD WORLD THEME OF OUR FESTIVAL, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ITEMS PROMOTING A CARNIVAL ATMOSPHERE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. IT IS THE DUTY OF THE CONCESSION CHAIRMAN AND THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF LIFT TO RENDER A FINAL DECISION OF SUCH ITEMS.
Basic Concession Equipment Regulations and Requirements:
Electric power will be furnished no later than Friday morning. Each concession must have a breaker or fuse box. Each concession must be grounded. Health and Safety situations will be ruled on as necessary by the Festival Board. Each concession stand will have yellow light bulbs and/or covers. NO FLASHING LIGHTS OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED. LOUD SPEAKERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE USED BY VENDORS. NO MUSIC WILL BE ALLOWED TO PROMOTE YOUR BOOTH. Hand washing facilities must be provided in concessions selling food. Each booth will have one 10# 40BC fire extinguisher. These should have valid inspection tags. Each booth will have a first aid kit. All tanks must be secured with chains.
10. A complete list of items sold and prices for each item must accompany applications. You cannot add items after application is accepted.
11. Prices shall remain the same each day.
12. All concessions will be responsible for clean up around their booths and within their designated area. Trash must be swept, bagged and placed in front of their area for pick up by the clean up crew at closing of each day. Cooking oils and greases are not to be put in trash containers. These will be put in a special container placed at the back of the tennis courts. Be courteous to your neighbor. If you have water leak please correct the problem so it does not bother your neighbor.
13. On Monday evening, booths may start initial closing operation by 9:00 p.m. but no vehicles will be allowed on the grounds until after 10:00 p.m. due to safety of vendors and visitors. All trash must be cleaned up and placed in provided containers on the grounds. Concessions not complying with the Monday night clean up of their area will be assessed an additional $25.00
14. The Festival committee beginning at 2:30 p.m. on Friday prior to opening will inspect all concessions. All rules and regulations must be complied with prior to operation. Someone must be in each concession starting at 2:30 p.m. until inspection is completed. After the concession has been approved and you have been given a LIFT approved concession sign on Friday, you may open for business.
15. There will be a $10.00 a day electric hook up fee for all RVs hooked to our electricity. These fees are payable at the time of application submission. A paid camping sign will be provided at the vendor meeting. These are to be displayed in the RV window. No RV will be hooked up without payment in advance.